In decorating the walls and ceiling of the apartment, it is important not only to ensure a good appearance, but also to maintain home comfort. When choosing among the many options for finishing materials, pay attention to wallpaper for painting. They differ from simple ones in their increased strength, and also allow you to choose any color for the walls, thereby making the design of the room complete. Let’s consider what wallpaper for painting in the interior can be used, and what opportunities they provide for the implementation of design solutions.
Wallpaper or plaster
If you are already comparing wallpaper for painting with other finishing materials, then you need to start with painted decorative plaster. After all, the principle is the same for them – glue the wallpaper or apply plaster, and then paint the wall in the desired color.
Of course, plaster looks great, it perfectly imitates such surfaces as stone, wood, cork. But it makes high demands on the rough surface of the wall and the skill of the plasterer.
In turn, wallpaper can be pasted and painted even without proper skills. And choosing a relief option, you can not worry about uneven walls or small defects on the walls. Also, bamboo wallpapers can withstand wall deformations during shrinkage without losing quality and appearance.
In addition, comparing wallpaper and plaster, the former are more comfortable, pleasant to the touch and create a feeling of warmth and coziness.
The main advantage of wallpaper for painting is its texture. They can be both smooth and have various patterns, drawings, relief. They can even imitate cracks, rough plaster. It is impossible to create similar effects using plaster without proper skills. With wallpaper, it is enough to go to a hardware store or go to the company’s website and choose the appropriate invoice.
So, you decided to glue the wallpaper under painting in the interior. Now you need to decide which ones to choose. There are three types of wallpaper for painting:
- glass wallpaper
Paper wallpaper for painting is the most versatile and inexpensive option. They differ from ordinary paper ones in that they are made in two layers and impregnated with a special water-repellent agent. They can be smooth and embossed, with a pattern. Relief is achieved due to the use of wood shavings as filler between layers. Using embossing, manufacturers achieve deformation of the filler and the paper base, thereby obtaining the required pattern.
- Relatively small price.
- Environmental friendliness.
- They look good with proper gluing and painting.
- They help to hide minor wall defects.
- They can last up to 3-4 years.
- They allow to obtain a uniform seamless surface.
- Although they are stronger than ordinary paper, they are less strong than bamboo (non-woven). With inept work, they can stretch, tear or sag.
- No more than 4-5 colorings are allowed.
- If the wall or ceiling is deformed, for example, during the shrinkage of a new house, then the paper wallpaper can tear.
Non-woven wallpaper for painting is a non-woven material made using textile and cellulose fibers. A polymer is used as a binder. Vinyl spraying is applied to imitate the texture.
- Ease of gluing. It is enough to apply glue to the wall and apply the wallpaper. They do not swell and do not stretch in the process.
- High strength of the material.
- They do not deform when wetting and drying.
- They are quite dense, so they help to mask defects on the wall surface.
- Perfectly suitable for gluing in a new house. Not only will they survive the shrinkage of the walls without loss of quality and appearance, but they can also prevent the further spread of small cracks that may appear as a result.
- Up to 10 colorings are allowed.
- In the presence of vinyl spraying, their vapor permeability decreases. Such wallpapers should not be pasted in the children’s and sleeping areas.
- They have a relief coating that can be damaged or rubbed as a result of mechanical damage. It is not recommended to glue in places where the wall is often leaned on or touched by passing by.
Glass wallpaper is made from fiberglass threads based on quartz sand, dolomite, lime, soda. They can have a wide variety of patterns, surface structure.
- Environmentally friendly material that does not attract microorganisms.
- High strength. Has high protection against mechanical damage.
- Fire safety, no toxic substances are released in case of fire.
- Long service life, up to 20-25 years.
- They withstand up to 20-30 colorings.
- They have antistatic properties, dust does not settle on them.
- Easy to care for. They are resistant to detergents, so they can be easily washed from any dirt.
- Special requirements for pasting. Before pasting the wallpaper, it is necessary to prepare the wall by treating it with a latex primer. During work, it is necessary to protect the body and eyes from the impact of microparticles of glass fiber.
- Difficult to dismantle if necessary.
- Relatively high cost.
Wallpaper for painting is represented by a huge assortment of textures and patterns. The choice of the appropriate one depends on the interior and style of the room.
With a mathematically correct pattern on the wallpaper, the wall looks measured. This option fits perfectly into classic interior styles.
A chaotic pattern gives the effect of deliberate carelessness, roughness. The larger the picture, the more impressive the wall will look, drawing attention to itself. If you want to get a softer effect, then choose a pattern with round, wavy patterns and a fine texture.
Plant motifs, although usually a geometric pattern, give a sense of tenderness and coziness. This design will look good in the interior of Provence.
If the room is decorated in a minimalist or Scandinavian style, then the wallpaper is smooth, without a pattern.
The picture on the wallpaper for painting is chosen not only for the decoration of the room, but also for its dimensions. Large patterns visually bring the walls together, so they are not recommended to be glued in small or narrow rooms. Geometric repeating patterns have a similar effect in the interior. In this case, wallpaper is taken either smooth or with a small chaotic texture.
Smooth wallpapers for painting in the interior provide enormous opportunities. You can paint the walls in any color and apply any pattern. In addition, this option does not attract attention. The walls will remain walls, and the main emphasis can be safely made on various accessories and pieces of furniture.