Few people can be surprised by the variety of lamps and light sources. But manufacturers do not stop there. The lighting of the room can be adjusted and controlled by various methods. Let’s consider what methods and devices for controlling home lighting exist today.
Types of lighting control
In order to regulate the lighting processes in the house, there are several ways:
- using a motion sensor
- event management
- according to schedule
The most functional and advanced is the remote method of light control. It means that a person can turn on/off or adjust the lights in the house without touching the switch directly.
Lighting control methods
The remote method has its own varieties.
- Control panel. With the help of this device, you can adjust the lighting from any corner of the house. You can calmly read a book by the light in bed, and then, without getting up, turn off the lighting in the room and go to sleep with one push of a button on the remote control. And if you forgot to turn off the light when leaving the bathroom, you can do it without coming back. When leaving the house, you can turn off all lighting devices with one click. A group of lamps can include from 1 to more than 200 units. Remotes can be push-button or with touch displays. It is possible to create a central remote control and additional ones in the form of key fobs with a basic set of functions. Similar systems are used in stage lighting or night club lighting, where it is necessary to adjust many different lamps at the same time.
- Management using a stationary computer. Thanks to special software, you can control lighting processes in the house using a computer device.
- Control using a computer from anywhere in the world. The central device can be accessed through a proxy server. This option is useful for people who are constantly away from home on business trips or trips. Thus, you can check that the light is turned off and check other manipulations.
- Remote control using a mobile phone. Lighting control is carried out using special applications on a mobile phone.
Such programs are available on iPhone and Android.
- The wall controller is visually similar to a classic switch, but it is a completely different device. It is not connected to the mains, it is powered by a battery. The controller transmits signals to associated switches. You can attach it with double-sided tape or self-tapping screws. The buttons of the wall controller can be programmed for several groups of lamps. Such a device is convenient on the way out of the house, with one click you can turn off the whole world in the room.
Local control over lighting is carried out by pressing the switch directly. This type of control can be combined with remote control or others for situational convenience.
Motion sensors will save electricity well for those who forget to turn off the light in the bathroom or toilet. This device detects movement in the visible area and executes programmed commands (turns on / off the light). The motion sensor can respond both to movement directly and to sound. In the first case, it is equipped with an infrared receiver. The human body emits heat and the device reacts to it. This system is absolutely harmless to humans and animals in the house. In order for the sensor not to react to heated objects, it is equipped with several photocells instead of one. The acoustic device responds to sounds. Street searchlights are equipped with such sensors.
Event-based lighting control refers to turning on and off the light as a result of certain changes in the environment. Illumination can be a regulatory indicator.
In the evening, when the light level drops to the specified level, the sensor will react and the light will turn on, the reverse process will take place in the morning.
It can be installed both inside the room and to the lamp, which is located on the outside of the house. This device can be programmed for other events as well. For example, for opening / closing doors. It is most often used in street lighting.
Light control by time allows you to set a schedule according to which the lights will be turned on and off. The framework of lighting activity can be set based on the daily routine of the owners of the house. The light will turn on and off at the specified time intervals. This method of lighting control can be used as a protection against intruders in the absence of the owners. The illusion of presence will be created. This option is also used in advertising, for example in advertising light boxes.
There are “smart home” systems that can cover not only lighting processes in the house, but almost all electrified objects and devices. The connection of such complexes is mainly carried out by companies that later service them.
With the help of a number of programs, you can control the curtains and blinds on the windows. Hardware and software are often synchronized with the security system.
The lighting control system allows you to save electricity, provides new opportunities and creates comfortable conditions.