All Gauss brand products are manufactured by the Wharton company taking into account the requirements of Russian regulations and European quality standards and, therefore, undergo mandatory certification. The corporation’s specialists regularly analyze new products in the lighting market, test innovations and apply modern developments in practice. One of the company’s most notable products are Gaussian LED lamps.
Variety of light
The “Wharton” company produces more than 700 names of products, among which one of the leaders are products under TM Gauss. The official website is gauss-russia.ru. The product line of the brand is presented:
- LED technology;
- compact fluorescent lighting devices.
LED products include:
- GaussElementary – LED gauss lamps for the house in a round and candle-like shape, emitting a soft warm light. The operation of such equipment is 25,000 hours on average, and its analogue can be a 60-watt lamp;
- GX lamps with a power of 5, 10 and 15 Watts (similar to a compact fluorescent lamp at 13, 20 and 100 Watts), which are covered by a 3-year warranty;
- candle-shaped lighting devices, the working time of which can be an average of 35,000 hours;
- spherical lamps of 3, 4 and 6 watts, which corresponds to 40 and 60 watts of ordinary incandescent lamps;
- LON, which can easily replace 70 and 100 Watt incandescent lamps;
- 3, 5 and 8 Watt soffit lamps;
- mirrors, which according to indicators correspond to ordinary lamps of 40, 60 and 75 watts
- Dimmable gauss LED lamps have an original design and a power of 5 watts, which corresponds to a 60-watt incandescent lamp. This type of lamps is rightfully considered an innovation in the world of lighting devices, in which a special dimmer element regulates the light flow.
- Capsule devices that provide soft light and work with power from 1 Watt.
This category also includes connectors, various power supplies, transformers, and controllers.
Compact fluorescent products are presented:
- Candle-shaped fluorescent lamps of 9 and 13 Watts, which work for an average of 10,000 hours;
- spherical lighting devices suitable for 40- and 60-watt incandescent lamps;
- mirror products that will last more than 10,000 hours;
- spiral products, the power of which is in the range of 9-45 Watts, which is equal to 45-225 Watts of an ordinary lamp;
- powerful lamps, which can be compared with incandescent products of 325-525 Watts.
If we talk about street lights and floodlights, products with IP65 dust rating and power of 10-60 Watts are available to customers. It is worth highlighting the warranty of up to 3 years.
Also, the company under TM Gauss produces LED lamps that work up to 50,000 hours, and linear TL for 3-13 Watts.
Main characteristics of Gauss
LEDs are the main element of the offered lamps, thanks to which the necessary brightness of the device and the quality of light are ensured. Another indicator can be the driver, which guarantees tens of thousands of hours of uninterrupted, effective lamp operation and LED control. Also, the brightness of the glow is provided by various optics, in particular – lenses that scatter rays.
The variety of Gauss LED lamps is huge, but among the entire assortment, you can highlight globes, candles, soffits and mirror lighting devices. These models are the most popular among buyers.
The main characteristics of such lamps are:
- operating temperature range from -20ºС to +40ºС, which allows the use of lamps not only for lighting closed rooms, but also in outdoor spaces;
- the working voltage of 220-240 V makes this product universal and easy to use for a large number of floor lamps, chandeliers and other lighting devices;
- the aluminum alloy, from which the reliable lamp housing is made, speaks of the strength of the structure, which is able to withstand greater loads than analogues created from less reliable raw materials;
- dimensions of products sold under TM Gauss are much smaller than simple energy-saving products;
- lamps, depending on the model, provide a different angle of illumination, the minimum indicator of which is 120º;
- color rendering resembles natural as much as possible, which undoubtedly has a positive effect not only on the perception of objects, colors and shades, but also on the visual organs, thus reducing tension.
- dispersion of light is much better than in simple lamps.
An important characteristic is the service life, which is from 3 to 5 years of continuous operation.
It is also worth noting that Gauss LED lamps for the home differ from ordinary products in that they provide maximum brightness from the first second.
Advantages of Gauss
The first advantage of this TM is a wide variety of products – more than 250 names, which are a huge selection of sources of high-quality light. Other positive qualities include:
- variety of forms and power;
- absence of mercury;
- different types of plinths;
- quality assurance;
- resistance to voltage problems;
- European reliability standards;
- non-flickering light is produced;
- bright lighting;
- absence of flickering;
- a large assortment, which allows you to purchase products, including for ordinary and spot lamps;
- color from cold white to warm;
- environmental friendliness;
- lack of pulsation;
- the possibility of obtaining different shades of accents;
- installation in standard and exclusive lamps;
- ease of cleaning (using a soft dry or slightly damp material).
Also, it is an indisputable advantage that the quality certificates obtained by Gauss, various diplomas and certificates, which confirm the reliability of products, compliance with international standards and efficiency of work, can be considered.
Another important plus is the economic benefit (up to 15 times), which is noticeable immediately after receiving a receipt for payment of services.
If you compare the cost of TM Gauss products and ordinary lamps, then, at first glance, the latter win in terms of price, but it is enough to compare two seconds (before and after using the TM Gauss lamp) to feel a significant difference in payment. Thus, LED gauss lamps received excellent feedback from consumers.
Disadvantages of Gauss
Such products have so-called subjective disadvantages, that is, some consumers are not inconvenienced by these qualities, while others consider them to be disadvantages. These include:
- linear light scattering;
- the need for a larger number (compared to standard products) of lamps for a certain area;
- the impossibility of installing Gauss lamps in closed lamps, as this will lead to overheating and a significant reduction in service life.
But gauss LED lamps receive positive reviews much more often. Therefore, you can safely close your eyes to these modest flaws.
Gauss lamps can be considered universal. After all, there will be a place for them in a street lamp (including an open one, as they allow direct ingress of moisture) and a home lamp, a spot device and floor lamps, chandeliers and a modest sconce, a travel and pocket flashlight. Such products are the choice of people who keep pace with progress, who prefer innovations that improve living conditions and at the same time bring significant economic benefits. Gauss is the light of true progress.